Installation issue - third party addon missing

Hi,

First of all, what an amazing piece of kit, I didn't realise this was available until today, wish I had seen it before, thank you.

Trying to install this but encountering an obsticle.

My setup;

Elastix on a virtual machine, basic configuration setup, nothing else on the image running Centos 5.5

I've downloaded the latest version of FOP2 version 2.2, renamed the file to fop2-2.2.tgz

I've logged into Elastix and then onto FreePBX, uploaded the file through tools amd module admin getting a "Module uploaded successfully. You need to enable the module using local module administration to make it available.".

So far so good. When I go to the Third Party Add on section, it's not there. I followed these intructions http://www.fop2.com/documentation-insta ... module.php

I've logged out and logged back in, including restarted the machine but I cannot see the add on.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated,

Thank you,

Gabi.

Comments

• Hello,

You have to go to "Manage local modules", scroll down, you will see fop2admin as not installed, click on it, select the install radio button, scroll down even more and click on the Proceed button. Once you do that, you will see the new menu options in the third party addons.

Now, the fop2admin module is not fop2 itself, it is just tha management module. You must download fop 2.20 tarballl for your operating system (in elastix is the centos one, 32 or 64 bits), and install it as explained in the online docs.

Best regards,
  • Nicolas,

Thank you for taking your time to reply on this.

I went to the "manage local modules" section prior to you replying and I could not see it.

Screen grab attached.

I might be confused as to what needs doing, because I can only see one download which is FOP Version 2.20 i386 (32 bit OS)

I know you have documented it and it's explained on there, but I think I have followed your instructions correctly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/gabi_cavaller/FOP2.png
  • I've figured out what I have done wrong, as you said there are two bits to this, I thought the first bit was one way of implementing things and the second another way.

Sorry about that :(

Going back to this > http://www.fop2.com/documentation-insta ... arball.php

I am running Elastix on a VM, I have downloaded the file on my desktop.

How do I carry out #> tar zxvf fop2-2.20-centos5-i386.tgz shoudl I not be pointing it to the host machine? Alternatively, how do I download directly from Elastix / CentOs so I can then extract the file?

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you very much,

Once again, apologies.

G.
  • You must copy the downloaded file to your asterisk server (virtual or not, it is the same), and then run all installation commands from the server command line.

If you can login via ssh (you can use putty on windows, ssh in osx or linux terminal), and want to download the file directly from the server, you can do this once you are logged into the server:
    cd /usr/src
    wget -O fop2.tgz http://www.fop2.com/file.php?file=11
    tar zxvf fop2.tgz
    cd fop2
    make
    cd /usr/local/fop2
    cat extensions_override_freepbx.conf >> /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf
    echo "callevents=yes" >> /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf

That will perform a basic and almost complete installation, the other thing left to do would be to create the fop2 database and modify /var/www/html/fop2/config.php with the correct mysql credentials if you want the phonebook to work.

You should also check that the manager credentials are correct:
    /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test

If they are not, you must edit /etc/asterisk/fop2.cfg and set the manager user and password correctly.

Finally, disable fop1
    /usr/sbin/amportal stop_fop

And run fop2
    service fop2 start

To disable fop1 permanently, edit /etc/amportal.conf and set FOPRUN=false