Visualphonebook Dialer

Hi,

In the visual phone book , while adding entries I am inserting SALES in the Company Filed and While searching for the entry SALES , My phone book is populated with 24 names...Well and good until now...So now I want to have a brief conference with my Sales team and I am inviting everyone to conference by pressing their phone number...If there is a small button for blast dial ( When i press this button it will automatically invite everyone in the filtered phonebook ( sales team )to the conference)..May be we can include that button in phonebook or dial field...Is it possible .

Thanks
Kannan

Comments

• Hello,

I do not think I will add blast dial to the phonebook any time soon. It will cause a support nightmare when people accidentally start to dial everyone in the phonebook.
  • If accidental click is the problem , then you may add this feature as optional selection in preference window and also when some body clicks the button then a popup windows to warn that blast dial is going to be activated....

Just my two cents...
  • Thanks for the suggestion... blast dialing will only be good when inviting people into a conference, the problem is that the phonebook itself does not know if you have a conference selected as a target or not (and it is quite complicated to find out). So the blast dial should be conditional to a conference, because it makes no sense to dial 10 numbers to your own extension, the 1st or 2nd one will work, and the rest will probably go to voicemail.

One of my planned (not really plannel, but at least though), is to improve conference handling a bit. Including perhaps support for dynamic conferences, etc. Perhaps a special conference module for fop2, the blast dialing would be a perfect fit for that module. But right now is just a though , not really a planned feature/module.