fop2 and asterisk 1.8

As asterisk 1.8 is now out and elastix has begun testing/support of it when will fop2 be able to function with asterisk 1.8?

I just upgraded our system to asterisk 1.8 and now get the following error when trying to load fop2:
Couldn't load variables.txt?aldope=34677

I am more than willing to try tweaking fop2 to make this work I just need some guidance on what needs adjusting?

Comments

• After further troubleshooting I realized this was due to a conflict between op_server.pl (fop1) and fop2 with the upgrade. Once I fixed that and cleared the browser cache it appears to function fine at this point.

I won't know for certain 100% until we have the system loaded down but it looks like fop2.2 is working fine on asterisk 1.8 so far.
  • fop2 works perfectly fine with asterisk 1.8 , even before 1.8 was released. The only important difference for a 100% working implementation comparing it to asterisk 1.4 is that you must have the "originate" permission in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf (this is also true for asterisk 1.6). If you do not have that permission set, you wont be able to perform most of the actions, like dial, pickups, etc.

Best regards,
  • Thank you for the further clarification.