presence status change and dial behaviour

hi!

i've found that when i change presence status, it doesn't show up automatically. i log in with two different sip peers, and when i change to DND, the other peer can't see the change. i have to refresh the page (what is not too good), and every refresh requires to log in again (what is also not very good, but it would be the best if a refresh would not be needed).

please correct me if i do something wrong

the other thing is in connection with this:
"It will not affect the dial behaviour, just tell other FOP2 users about your current availability."
IMHO it should work the opposite way. when i go to a conference, it should automatically set my status to DND, or the status MEETING should block other calls, because when i'm talking with someone, i don't want to be disturbed by other callers. maybe there's a way to set up asterisk and/or fop2 to work like this and i will search for that but i'm new to asterisk/fop2 so every kind of help is appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• I have just replied at other post with a probable cause of this. The presence funcionality requires UserEvents to be shown. That means you need the "user" permission on asterisk's manager.conf. But it seems that the latest trixbox has a patched asterisk that prevents the UserEvents from showing even if you have the proper permissions in manager.conf. In that case you have to add the "hud" permission to the manager user and the events will appear, and presence in FOP2 will work.
    This only happens on this patched asterisk that comes with trixbox... and I think it is a bug, because FOP2 does not need any of the hud events that are being generated for working properly. The "hud" permission is also propietary of trixbox, it does not exists on asterisk.

Best regards,