Playing the chanspy recordings

I can't get the recordings to transfer into the voicemail box. I found a post on the forum that gave instruction, and followed them. But the recordings still do not transfer. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong? I ensured the proper amp admin password in fop.cfg and ensured the following settings:

monitor_filename=/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${ORIG_EXTENSION}-${DEST_EXTENSION}-${MBOX}-${UNIQUEID}
monitor_format=wav
monitor_mix=true
monitor_exec=/home/fop2/server/tovoicemail.pl

what am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Check the tovoicemail.pl script, it should be executable and owned by the asterisk user, it also uses sox to manipulate the recording, and some machines have different sox versions. One way to try is to run the script in the command line as the asterisk user and see if it outputs an error or not. What I do to sort this kind of thing is:

1) increase debug level in asterisk: asterisk -rx "core set debug 10"
    2) be sure that the asteirsk full log is enabled ( /etc/asterisk/logger.conf )
    3) perform the action that triggers the script, in this case, leave a voicemail
    4) check the full log for "tovoicemail.pl", you should see a line that says something like "Executing /usr/local/fop2/tovoicemai.pl paramter1 paramter2"
    5) copy the command you see there , complete with all parameters
    6) su to the asterisk user
    7) paste the command in the command prompt

The problem here is that if the script actually worked when executed by asterisk , the original filenames are probably moved so repeating the command will fail with a fail not found error at some point.

I hope you get the idea on how to debug, it is not that easy...

Best regards,
  • the files in the directory are currently owned by root. should ALL of the files be owned by asterisk?

Thanks!
  • At least the tovoicemail.pl script must be owned by asterisk.