Restrict Available Queues

Good Morning,

We have queues for our individual employees as well as a queue for "First Available." We leave the first available group empty and dynamically add/remove members by clicking the user in the FOP2 panel. Occasionally someone adds a user to the wrong queue though. Is there anyway to restrict the queues available to add a user to when you select the dot next to their name?

Thanks,

Tyler

Comments

• The next version includes queue restriction, as well as custom and fine grained permissions. I will release a beta officially in a few days.

One of the issues I have is that I was asked to make fop2 autoconfiguration honor the cofiguration from freepbx regarding queue restrictions, but unfortunately freepbx does not store the queue membership configuration in a "sane" way, it is scattered several places (mysql, astdb), and data is not consistent. That makes writing an autoconfiguration script almost impossible, so I have yet to see how can I modify the fop2admin module or the autoconfiguration scripts to take the setup from the freepbx config. The real deal would be to fix how freepbx store queue member configuration, but it won´t happen anytime soon I believe.
  • Sound great Nicolas. Thanks for all the hard work and responding so quickly.
  • Good Afternoon Nicolas,

I have upgraded to the new Beta as well as update the FOP freepbx module. I've played with settings a little bit and I can't wrap my head around to get this done. I see that I can restrict what users have the queuemanager option.. It also looks like I can now limit which buttons (extensions) the queuemanager can be used on. We have call queues for individual departments that never need to be adjusted via the FOP and one "dynamic" queue labeled Anyone that any extension can be added to. Is there a way that I can hide these queues and just leave the "Anyone" queue available to add users to?

If this is even possible can you point me in the right direction as how I would accomplish it. Thanks again for your great software.

Tyler
  • The queue restriction is read from the freepbx queue configuration itself, if you set dynamic agents for a queue and check "restrict dynamic agents" , then only those dynamic agents will be allowed to be added/removed from that queue. You do not need to modify any configuration in the fop2admin module itself, the queuechannel directive and the restrictqueue directives will be set accordingly to that.

You can also create custom permissions where you can restrict actions to a particular group, but you do not need to do that for enabling queue restrictions.

However, for your needs, you can very well use fop 2.20 and just create a group with all buttons except for the queues you do not want to manage. And then assign that group to every fop2 users, that way they will not see the queues they are not supposed to manage.

If you are brave and want to try the beta features, you can create a fop2 group that contains ONLY your dynamic queue, then you must create a custom permission, put it a name like "myqueue" , include the queuemanager permission, and apply it to a group that contains only your dynamic queue. Then assign "myqueue" permission to your users, instead of the regular queuemanger. That way, users will be able to add/remove only to your dynamic queue.

Best regards,
  • Thanks for the quick response. I am able to lockdown the queues as you stated. I also tried the "myqueue" setup you suggested with the advance permissions. My only problem is that while I only want the one queue to "editable" I still need to display the other queues on the screen so that users may use the "pickup call" feature for callers currently in the different queues if they need to. I am mainly trying to limit the options in the menu that pops up when you hit the circle on the extension. I basically want that menu to read pause member, unpause member, add to "Anyone" queue and remove from anyone queue. But it still has options for all 10 of our queues. Is this list built on the queues that are displayed or would there be some other way to remove some of these extra queue options.

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I'm not frustrating you too much.

Tyler
  • Hi, with the custom permission as I have described you will only be able to manage your dynamic queue. the menu options will appear, but the action will not work for the other queues.

Create a group with only your dynamic queue
    Create a permission with the queuemanager permission applied only to the above group
    Edit a user and grant your custom permission instead of the queuemanager permission

That is all you need to do. All queues will be displayed, but queue manager permissions will only work on your dynamic queue to the user you assign that custom permission.

Best regards,