IAX2 trunks not showing in FOP2

I have 2 trunks set up - one ISDN30 E1 Dahdi and one IAX2 inter-Asterisk trunk. The ISDN30 Dahdi trunk shows fine, but I cannot get the IAX2 trunk to show.

Under FOP2 buttons in FreePBX both trunks are there. For the IAX2 trunk autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh shows;

[IAX2/bardsey]
type=trunk
label=IAX2/bardsey
queuecontext=from-queue
privacy=none

The Trunk config is;

Trunk name : bardsey

PEER details

username=not-telling-you-IAXuser
type=peer
trunk=yes
secret=not-telling-you
requirecalltoken=no
qualify=yes
host=pbx.mypbxdomain.com
disallow=all
allow=g722

USER context : not-telling-IAXuser

USER details

type=user
secret=not-telling-IAXpassword
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
allow=g722

This is with FreePBX 2.9.0.5 and Asterisk 1.8.4.1

Comments

• Hi, are you using fop2 lite or registered? If lite, you have a 15 buttons limit, be sure you are not reaching that limit. If its registered, be sure you did not create any groups and assign them to the user you are loggin as, if you did setup groups, then be sure you add your iax trunk to the proper group.
  • Hi,

Yes I realised about the 15 limit just after I posted but couldn't do anything until the post was approved.

What caught me out was that "15 extensions" also includes trunks and parking lots.

Talking of parking lots, I don't have any defined at all but a default of 700 always appears, reducing the usable count to 14. Is there a way of making fop2 ignore it?

Cheers.
  • You can modify the autoconfig buttons script and alter the msyql query, but it is not that easy to do.. you can also change the order on that query, and it will affect the output. But if you plan to use the free version, your best bet is to configure buttons manually . You can run the autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh script, saving the output to a buttons.cfg file and then modify the fop2.cfg file to not #exec the autoconfig-users scripts, but specify some users and button file by hand, something like:
    /usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh > /usr/local/fop2/buttons.cfg

Then modify buttons.cfg and remove the buttons that you do not want, change the order in any way you want, you will see the first 15.

And finally edit fop2.cfg, remove the last #exec line, uncoment some user lines and the buttonfile=buttons.cfg, then restart fop2.

Best regards,
  • Many thanks - I'll give that a go.

I'll be buying a license when the box goes live so this is just a temporary workaround.

Thanks again.