Difference between demo and paid mode?

Hey guys, quick question.

What is the difference between Demo mode which I'm in now and paid mode.

I see a lot of features such as call, chat, menus not working and wanted to be sure that wasn't a configuration issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• The features that are not available in demo mode are:

Instant Messaging Chat
    Voicemail Explorer

Everything else is available, if you do not see something, it is probably a misconfiguration or lack of permissions in the fop2 users.

Remember that the demo version shows only the first 15 buttons you have on your system as returned by FreePBX API sorted alphabetically by type (conference,extension,queue,trunk, when using freepbx autoconfiguration). So, it is normal if you do not see a trunk or a queue if you have several extensions, as all the extensions will take the room. You can configure buttons manually to avoid this problem, or wait for fop2 2.21 and fop2admin 1.2.6 that has the option to disable buttons completely.

Best regards,
  • I have the user for my extension (107) set to have all permissions, yet the only thing I can do is hang up calls for other users. Can't make calls using the dial button, or get menus when I click on a user.

Really appreciate your guidance.
  • What asterisk version are you using? Some tips that might help:

1) Add "all" both to read/write lines in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf for the user (the important permission to have here is "originate" and also "user", but some systems are broken and require "all" to be set.

2) If you use asterisk 1.6.0, set in fop2.cfg "force_parameter_delimiter=," (This is only needed for the whisper action).
  • running 1.6.0.26-FONCORE-r78

here's my manager.conf, everything look about right?

; Asterisk Call Management support
    ;
    [general]
    enabled = yes
    port = 5038
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[admin]
    secret = xxxx
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

[199]
    secret = xxxx
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all,originate
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all,originate

[107]
    secret = 1234
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all,originate
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all,originate
  • Ok, you are confusing asterisk manager users with fop2 users. They are unrelated.

You are missing the originate permission in the admin user in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

For your asterisk version, I asume you are using Trixbox, in that case, originate is not enough, you need to add "all" both to read/write in the admin user in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

You can remove the other users, they are NOT used.

Fop2 user configuration and permissions are isolated and separate from the asterisk manager configuration. So, leave your manager.conf like:
    ; Asterisk Call Management support
    ;
    [general]
    enabled = yes
    port = 5038
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[admin]
    secret = xxxx
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,all

Then reload asterisk , reload fop2 and try again.
  • Oh, you're the man.

Got it working, and it looks great!

Next question - sorry if its too many;

Should I be seeing some sort of menu pop up when I click on an extension - it looked that way in the demos I saw online, but I don't get anything when I click on them.

Thanks again!
  • The action submenu will appear if a number of conditions are met:

1) the fop2 users has the proper permissions, in order to test, give the "all" permissions in the fop2 users page insisde freepbx
    2) you have configured an email for extensions in the fop2 buttons freepbx page (to have the send email option)
    3) you have the license with IM chat (to have the chat option)
    4) you see queue buttons on the page (to have the add/remove/pause options for the queues you see).