Linux + fop2 newbie, install issue

As far as I can tell I've completed all the installation steps on Ubuntu, I go to run the fop2_server --test and I just keep getting 'command not found'. I do a Alt-f2 to run the app, even though I'm not sure its running as I can see it listed if I run ps -A. Where am I going wrong?

Comments

• Hi,

Perhaps you did not download the correct tarball. You need the debian tarball, 32 or 64 bits depending on your ubuntu install. Type

uname -a

To find out which version (32 or 64 bits) do you need. Trying to run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system might give you the "command not found" problem.

Also you might want to check that the fop2_server has execute permissions, you can set those permissions with the command:

chmod a+x /usr/local/fop2/fop2_server
  • Thanks for getting back to me.
    I tried the uname -a, which returns i686, which I think means 32 bit, and I downloaded the file: fop2-2.20-debian-i386.tgz which I guess is the correct one, and ran the chmod a+x, but still the 'Command Not Found', any further suggestions?
  • Does your /tmp directory has execute permissions set? Please read the faq for the entry:

When I try to run fop2_server it does not do anything at all.

http://www.fop2.com/documentation-faq.php
  • Thanks, that fixed it.