PIAF with Fop2 Originate Channel *80

I am using PIAF 1.7.5.6 and Fop2. I want my agents to be able to dial from Fop2 and not have to push the answer button every time. I read the part in the manual for Originate Channel.

originatechannel (2.10)
This channel/device will be used when originating calls from this device. For example, if you want your calls to be autoanswered and you are using FreePBX default *80 prefix for that, you can set this parameter to: Local/*80{EXTEN}@from-internal.

I tried this "Local/*803010@from-internal" and it is not working. The Fop2 is acting like it's not doing anything with this option enabled. I don't see anything in the asterisk console or anything. I take the option back off and Fop2 works again just no auto answer. If I dial *80ext from another phone that phone picks right up so I know *80 is working.

Any help?

Comments

• What fop2 version are you using? How are you trying the dial? Try by typing some number and hiting enter, and also by searching on a phonebook entry to see if it makes a difference. I have set that myself and it works for me, but I am *not* using device & user mode in FreePBX. Not sure if you are using that mode or not. In any case, you must start fop2 server in debug mode to intercept the manager events and responses:

service fop2 stop
    cd /usr/local/fop2
    script capture.log
    ./fop2_server.pl -X 511
    (log into fop2 and try a dial)
    ctrl-C (to exit fop2)
    exit (to exit script capture)

You will end up with a capture.log file to inspect. In any case, you might also want to try with the latest beta, you can find download links in the announcement forum, as I *think* there is a bug fix related to the dial box, but not sure if it applies to non device&user mode setups.