SIP Users With Alpha Tags

Hi,

I have a problem with FOP not showing calls (and not allowing hangups etc) for a SIP extension that uses an alpha tag instead of the usual numeric tag.

My sip.conf:
[METoperator1](standard-extension)
username=METoperator1
secret=xxxxxxxxxxxx
host=dynamic

My buttons.cfg:
[METoperator1]
type=extension
extension=METoperator1
context=emergencyhelp
label=METoperator1

My fop2.cfg:
user=METoperator1:0123:all

I can log into the panel but I am not able to transfer / answer / hangup and the panel doesn't show any calls that are made / received by the extension.

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Thanks.

Comments

• My buttons.cfg:
    [METoperator1]
    type=extension
    extension=METoperator1
    context=emergencyhelp
    label=METoperator1

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

You are missing the SIP/ prefix:
    [SIP/METoperator1]
    type=extension
    extension=METoperator1
    context=emergencyhelp
    label=METoperator1

• Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply. How embarassing! :oops: The precise reason all the numerical extensions worked; they had SIP in front...

I still face an issue with managing phone calls. I can now log into the panel and see active phone calls but any command to dial, transfer or hangup doesn't have any effect (the confirmation boxes do appear). And I am not seeing anything on the Asterisk CLI after the commands are confirmed.

I upgraded to Asterisk 1.8.5.0 just in case there was a bug but this hasn't improved the situation any.

Do you have any suggestions as to settings I should change?

Thanks.
  • Be sure you have "all" both in the read/write lines in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
  • Thanks. I had all the individual settings listed.

In the documentation of the manager file it says some settings may have been forgotten which are covered by "all". (Something to that effect anyway.) Using "all" fixed the issue.

Again, thank you.