Proper configuration of permissions

Nicolas, you have a great product. You installed it for me this afternoon on my demo system. I have been playing around with the features. When it came to listening and whisper and recording I am having trouble understanding exactly how the permission scheme works. I am trying to set up a manager and agent where the manager can listen, whisper, and record the agents bun not the other way around. i tried different combinations of permissions but they all end up acting the same. For example, when I am logged in as a manager extension, whenever I click on an agent button that is on a call the listen, whisper, and record buttons are greyed out. They are not greyed out when I click on my own button. However when I log in as an agent extension, I only get the record button (which is what I want because I allowed them to record themselves) but when I click on the manager extension it is not greyed out. It is letting me record the manager as well as myself. It has to be the way I am setting permissions don't you think?
Randy

Comments

• Hi,

Not sure how did you setup the permissions so I cannot help you much. Are you using 2.20 or 2.21 beta? One thing that affects the spy/listen/record buttons is the privacy setting (that is not a permission per se). So you must factor that as well.

Fop 2.20 permissions are global, you will be able to perform the actions to all the buttons you see on screen (except for the ones with privacy set). So if you have the "record" permission, you will be able to record calls for all the extensions you see. You can limit the extensions you see by creating a group and assigning it to the user, thus that user will only see the buttons for the groups he is allowed to see.

In Fop 2.21 permissions are extended, and you can limit an action to a particular group, but without enforcing the group to the user, only the actiions themselves. So you can see all extensions, but allow permissions to an extension subset. This is available in the "fop2 permissions" menu for fop2admin 1.2.6, and works only on fop 2.21.

Best regards,