Can't Listen In

Asterisk 1.8, fop2.
I’ve put spyoptions=4 in appropriate button in buttons.cfg
+ permissions set to ‘all’ for the user entry in fop2.cfg ( I don’t know if this is granting the same permission twice)
+ I’ve put force_parameter_delimiter="," spy_options="4" in fop2.cfg
+ read = system,call,command,agent,user,originate
write = system,call,command,agent,user,originate in Asterisk manager.conf,
but sill no listen in!!!
What else to try?

Comments

• As far as I know, "4" is not a valid option for chanspy. Leave the default value or leave it empty and try again.

What are you trying to achieve?
  • I'm just trying to listen in to ongoing call.
    Ok, I realise I was misreading the help, I've switched back to spy_options="bq", I'm still unable to listen in.
    Any other suggestions?
  • I can hangup the call, so I guess the permissions are getting thru ok, maybe(?)
  • Hi,

AMI permissions needed to hangup calls are not the same that for performing other actions. In /etc/asterisk/manager.conf try setting "all" both in the read/write lines.

It will help if you tell us what happens when you try to listen to a call.. does your phone ring? it does nothing at all?

Remember also that if you set privacy for a button, it will not be possible to listen to their calls, so be sure the target extension does not have privacy set.

Best regards,
  • I haven't set any privacy options for the buttons, I guess the default is off?
    I have set the manager.conf to
    read= all
    write=all
    The phone listening in is not receiving any incoming call event. Could it be the extensions.conf/dialplan, I haven't done anything to enable that for listening in?
  • Did you configure buttons by hand? How? A button misconfiguration could cause that issue too... for example, lack of correct extension and context data for the buttons.
  • It is (buttons.cfg) generated by code, but the code was written by hand so it may still be wrong!
    They are a minimum, e.g.

[SIP/107]
    type=extension
    extension=107
    context=TeamMember
    label=Pauline Ford

And the calls are going thru ok, and they light up fop2 buttons ok, so you would think the buttons.cfg is matching the sip.conf.
    Do I really not need a dialplan/extenstion.conf entry for the listen in?
  • Thanks Nicolas, it was my fault, there was no dialplan set up incoming calls for the listening phone, whoops! It is getting an incoming/listening call now. (I'm an Asterisk newbie).