Trunks and Extensions are fine ; Parking Lot and Conference show nothing

I am trying FOP2 (v2.31.27) on a Debian 10 OS with ASterisk 17.
I cannot use the installation script since the systme in Wazo (Xivo fork) so I am trying the fully manual configuration after untarring and "make"ing the installation.
I have FOP2 runing on a remote server with the
/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test confirming Connection is OK
I can launch the Panel and it will properly show the stutus of Extensions and Trunks
However, it does nothing with Parking Lot or Conference ; the botton shows but it does not chage regardless of activity.
I did read the README and did try adding a fop2-park context on the asterisk server but no change.
I have treid every compbination I could think of for both CONFERENCE and PARK in the buttons_custom.cfg file but nothing seems to work.
Is there someting else I am supposed to do / add / edit to make Praking Lot and Conference monitoring work?
R

Comments

• edited April 2020

An update
    With or without the fop2-park context added to the dialplan, I am able to have a button "see" the initial act of Parking a call with the button configuration in buttons_custom.cfg as

[PARK/parkinglot-1]
    type=park
    label=Parking Lot
    extension=55555
    context=parkedcalls

(parkinglot-1 was used when I monitored asterisk with "asterisk -rvvv")
    (extension=55555 is the parking lot identifier with one slot)

When I do this, the Parking Lot button in the display Panel will light up and show there is a parked call when I send the call to the parking lot from the phone that originally picked up the call.
    However, as soon as I hang up that phone, the Parking Lot button returns to nothing being shown.
    The call is still parked and I can pickup the parked call by dialling 55556, as usual, but the Parking Lot button shows nothing while I am waiting for someone to pickup.

Does this give any clue why the ParkingLot button is not working as it should?

Keep in mind, I did NOT run any installation script after the MAKE command and all my configuration is done by manually editing configuraiton files on the server running FOP2. I am using FOP2 to monitor a Wazo (Xivo) installation so no FreePBX modules or script are usable on this installation..
    Also keep in mind that FOP2 is on one server and Wazo is on another server, if that creates a difference. The connection is being made and the extensions and trunks are properly showing usage on the panel, but I wanted to point this out in case it is relevant to the solution.

Help?

• edited April 2020

@Ramblin said:
    ... it does nothing with Conference ; the botton shows but it does not chage regardless of activity.

I have Conferences working now - not Parking yet (see above) - but to get Conferences working I had to enter the heading differently

[CONFERENCE/1]
    type=conference
    label=Conference 1
    extension=50000
    context=Internal

The key for the Conferences working was just putting [CONFERENCE/1] as the heading not [CONFERENCE/50000] as I had been doing with the extensions and trunks.

Now if I can only get Parking to work ...

• @Ramblin said:
    The Parking Lot button in the display Panel will light up and show there is a parked call when I send the call to the parking lot from the phone that originally picked up the call.
    However, as soon as I hang up that phone, the Parking Lot button returns to nothing being shown.
    The call is still parked and I can pickup the parked call by dialling 55556, as usual, but the Parking Lot button shows nothing while I am waiting for someone to pickup.

Problem solved, and it was not the fault of FOP2

I had been testing the functionality of the FOP2 Panel by dialing an Aastra phone and Parking the call.
    When you use the built-in Park function of the Aastra phone, it creates a bridge between the incoming and outgoing calls (to the Parking Lot) instead of transferrring the incoming call to the parking lot. So when you hang up the Aastra phone, it must send a disconnect signal to FOP2.

When I instead used Blind Transfer from the Aastra phone to the Parking Lot, everything in FOP2 worked fine, with the Parking Lot button showing the call placed into the Parking Lot and continuing to show it there until the Parking Lot was picked up or timed out and transferred back to the phone.

So, moral of the story, use a blind transfer to go to the Parking Lot, NOT a bridge/conference.

Since I was only using FOP2 to monitor the status of my Lines/Trunk/Conferences/ParkingLot , I did not need the [fop2-park] context added to the dialplan on the Asterisk server, which for me is good since it allows me to keep the Asterisk server installation clean, which I like.

Thank you @nicolas for making this product and architecting it in a way that could be configured in non-standard (ie Wazo) installations.