How to secure fop2/admin access

How can I stop people from accessing the admin page?
Can you add a user and password?

Comments

• edited June 2020

I'm sure your query will rot in this forum because Asternic's support team is too busy enjoying their vacation, many are still working from home in this situation to support their customers, but not Asternic, they just want you to Pay, Pay, Pay and give you buggy applications and lousy support till you get frustrated and switch to "iSymphony".

• edited June 2020

I've been using FOP2 with Asterisk for years now and I had the same question when I started, but these guys didn't have the answer, so I figured it out myself.

I might have a solution that can help, but I need to know what platform do you use (freepbx, freeswitch, asterisk etc.), the sooner you tell me that, the sooner I can share the solution.

• try the .htaccess file and set an additional ip filter in there is the approach I was thinking off..

• Hello!
    You can edit the file /var/www/html/fop2/admin/config.php and set 'USE_BACKEND_AUTH' to false, that will trigger the lower variables to be the first login attempt to the FOP2 Manager:
    $ADMINUSER = "fop2admin";
    $ADMINPWD = "fop2admin";
    After entering the FOP2 Manager, you will find a new option at top right of the interface named: Admin with 2 dropdown options: users and access control.
    That will be the user manager specifically for the FOP2 Manager.
    Best Regards

• edited July 2020

@Posi said:
    How can I stop people from accessing the admin page?
    Can you add a user and password?

If you are using FreePBX, the access to /admin is tied to the admin login of FreePBX. I never tested if being logged in to the FreePBX UCP also lets you access /admin though.

• place this in httpd config file in fop2 directory. This way only from specific ip can access fop2 manager page

Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from HERE IS IP TO ACCESS FROM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file